Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jonathan's Friend Party



Jonathan chose a Pirate theme this year for his 5 year old birthday party. I sent out really cool invitations and bought cute things for the "loot bags." Andrea decorated the cake and I found spiffy pirate mylar balloons online.





On the Monday before his birthday (which fell on a Friday this year), we headed to Pump It Up to jump for an hour and a half with some of Jonathan's friends. Afterward, we came back home, met up with more friends, and had pizza and cake and ice cream. I think Jonathan's favorite part was opening his presents. He ripped through them so quickly that I have no idea who gave him what! I guess that means everyone is going to get a generic thank you card. Sorry friends.



Jonathan

Andrew

Erinne and Heather

Joseph

Hunter and Emmerson



The kids were planning on sliding on our blow-up water slide and bounce house after they ate their pizza, but a huge nest of bumble bees had a different idea. They stung one of Jonathan's friends five times (he was crying so hard...it broke my heart.) Three other friends (one child and two adults) were also stung. Needless to say, most everyone came running inside. Chris and Mr. Heim fearlessly stayed outside to battle the bees. Erinne and Heather also stayed outside and played in the water. I guess they were having too much fun to care about the bumble bees.





I am happy to report that everyone who was stung is OK. Does everyone reading this know that you should put a paste of baking soda and water on bee stings??? I didn't.

The kids improvised well once they were inside. After watching a short movie (Planet Heros...highly recommended...fisherprice.com) they had cake and ice cream, Jonathan opened his presents, then they all raided the playroom for superhero costumes.









By the time everyone left I was exhausted. We forgot to whack the pinata and Chris still didn't have the bees under control. It took most of the week to recuperate from that party (and to get rid of the bumble bees.) By the time I was feeling better again, it was time for Jonathan's real birthday!

Mark my words...I will only have one party next year for my boys. No more of this celebrating for a week thing...It's exhausting! I know, my family, you'll believe it when you see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment