Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Governer Strickland

I'm not sure how it all worked...

-drawing straws

-flipping a coin

-sympathy

-a district in need

...but Governor Strickland came to my high school mid February.

I could feel the excitement in the air! Everyone was looking their best and the windows at the entrance were even cleaned minutes before he arrived.

He spoke a little about his State of the State address, all of his educational proposals, and finished his speech by reminding everyone of his sheer awesomeness...

When he was finished he took questions. One of my students was bold enough to stand up and ask a very intelligent question. I was quite proud of him (although I can not for the life of me remember what he asked!)

All things considered, I truly enjoyed the experience. I didn't get the greatest pictures (if I would have had Beth's camera, my pictures would have been as awesome as the governor himself) but here's proof that I'm telling the truth...



No comments:

Post a Comment