Monday, July 06, 2009

July 4th and Nothing To Do

OK, we had some options but we wanted to spend time as a family. We didn't even go to the fireworks this year.

Actually, I'm surprised we chose to skip the awesomeness of it all...large obnoxious crowds, cigarette smoke, OTHER smoke, mosquitoes, young children screaming, idle threats of said children's parents, etc.

I love people.

Actually, I love my family! Back to them...

So, Chris did some yard work then (four hours later when he was finished) we decided to go get something to eat. Mmm. Quaker Steak. BONELESS WINGS AND RIBS... Mmm... Then we hit Coldstone...FOUNDER'S FAVORITE...

After stuffing our faces we headed home to jump on the trampoline, light sparklers, and catch fireflies (lightening bugs...whatever...) Great times...except for those darn mosquitoes.

The boys were in bed before the grand finale at the park and Chris and I were settled on the couch watching one of the X-Men movies. I think it was the last one. Where (spoiler alert) Wolverine kills Jean Grey. Gray. However you spell it. "I love you...slash slash slash..." Then lots of weeping. On screen, not on the couch. Anyway...

One of the best Independence Days ever. We chose to be independent. Nice.

Does this picture freak you out as much as it freaks me out?

Really, what is his problem?

I have no idea what Greta was doing in the previous two pictures. Just giving my faithfuls some idea of how much she's grown.

The next morning Chris left for a week. Here's what good-bye looked like...

You'll be happy to know that as of this posting, Chris will be home tomorrow. It's been a fun week but we're ready to claim him as our own once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment