Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Turkey Time

Playgroup recently made paper turkeys. We traced the kids' hands and they became the feathers. We traced their feet (with shoes on) and they became the turkey body. We added feet, a beak, and a gobbler. What is that thing called??? Googly eyes completed our creations. What a great item to add to their scrapbooks!!


Chris surprised the boys one night and put up a tent in their room after bath time. The boys thought it was the coolest thing! We told them they could sleep in the tent, but Jonathan decided, "It just wasn't working out" and jumped into his bed. Drew followed shortly after. The tent was up for a few days. I think Jonathan might have slept there once and Drew might have slept there twice. I was certainly glad when that tent went down!


We had a very special day two Fridays ago. The boys and I visited our friends Ian and Audrey for the afternoon. We ate a yummy lunch and got to play for a long time. What a great playdate! Jonathan and Ian love to play Power Rangers. Sometimes they get really rough. Their Sunday School teacher even told us about it. He was concerned about the boys. We told him that as long as they weren't being mean they were fine. Boys will be boys, right??! After our friends' house, we met up with Chris and headed to his mom's house. That evening, we celebrated Beth's (Chris's sister) birthday. It's always nice to spend time with family. Beth requested stuffed peppers for dinner, which were fabulous! The cake and ice cream were quite tasty as well.








We're headed to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow to celebrate Ian's 4th birthday. Hopefully I'll remember to bring the camera.

Which brings me to Thanksgiving...I forgot to take pictures. I can just see all of my scrapbooking buddies roll their eyes right about now. I can't believe it either. The only picture I took was of Megan and Austin (Chris's sister and boyfriend). Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all were able to spend quality time with family and friends and not over indulge (ha ha).

More blogging later, my friends! Thanks for reading.

Katie, I can't find your comment anywhere!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will just need to recreate Thanksgiving, dress the boys up, fix some mashed potatoes and corn for dinner and snap some super close up shots, maybe get a family show while you are at it, and there you have it, instant scrapbook page...its all about the journaling anyways...

    ReplyDelete