Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Drew!

We had a lot of fun celebrating Drew's 3rd birthday. On his actual birthday, Chris took the day off and we headed to the Akron zoo. We made an unexpected pit-stop at White Castle and officially introduced the boys to the "slider" sandwich. In spite of the hot weather (and our lunch) we had a nice time at the zoo. The boys (all three of them) never tire of looking at the animals.







After the zoo, we headed home to take a nap to be ready for the big birthday dinner. Drew chose Pancho's (a mom and pop place here in town) as his restaurant of choice. They even brought him out fried ice cream and sang to him. He felt very special. We headed back to my parents' house after dinner to have a mini-birthday celebration for Drew.

Both boys love sitting on this over-sized chair. I can remember sitting on it when I was a kid, too. Pancho's is one of the few restaurants I missed while living in Marysville.




Papa and Nina bought Drew his own big boy bike this year for his birthday. He hasn't mastered the art of peddling yet, but hey, he's only three!



A few days later we hosted a party for him at our house. Drew insisted the theme be "worms." You can imagine how ecstatic I was when I walked into the balloon shop and found the worm pinata (I don't know how to get the tilde). I truly believe I would have started a fight if someone else would have wanted to buy it.

My sister and I worked very hard on this crazy worm sandwich. Mmmmm...






Andrea and I were so excited about creating these cupcakes. Here's the secret: bake the cupcakes, fill them with pudding, stick the worm in then sprinkle cookie crumbs on top. It's amazing what we do to accommodate my children's birthday wishes...



The infamous worm...

No comments:

Post a Comment