Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Birthday Season

There are four birthdays within one week in our family. Mine is June 3rd, Austin's (Megan's future husband) is June 4th, and Drew and Bobby (Chris's dad) share a June 7th birthday. We had a whirlwind week of celebrations!

We started with mine (duh). After a rushed breakfast at Cracker Barrel, Andrea treated me to a cut and color from her stylist. I went a little darker (more like my natural color) with some highlights.

After my hair transformation Andrea and I met up with Mom, Chris, and the boys and we enjoyed Feta Chicken, Greek Potatoes, and Chocolate Fondue (including fruit and pound cake for dipping) at home. It was fantastic!!!

Unfortunately my dad could not join us...he was on a business trip. Stinkin' work.

Four days later it was time to celebrate Drew's birthday. He requested lunch at McDonald's then wanted everyone to go with him to see Kung Fu Panda. Dad, Mom, Andrea, and the four of us loaded into the Explorer and set off on our birthday adventure. After the movie we headed back to my parents' house for cake and ice cream (lemon cake with either butter pecan or cookies and cream ice cream...great flavor combos). When we combined our gifts with Nina Tripp's gifts Drew received everything he asked for this year.






It was really nice to have a low-key birthday celebration for Drew. I'm looking forward to doing the same thing for Jonathan. Big parties overwhelm me!!!

The day after Drew's birthday we headed over to see Austin at his parent's house. The boy's favorite part about Austin's party was playing in his parent's new RV...


The following picture of Pug was taken some time during the week
of birthdays. Notice how she is sitting? Crazy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment