Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camping: The Third Time's A Charm

Chris conned me into camping again.

This time he was able (through the generosity of family and friends) to provide a boat and camper for our memory making experience. I have to admit the boat and camper were awesome additions. Thanks Tripps and Woolfs!!!

This time, though, instead of only staying one night we stayed three. THREE. Three nights at a campground. Public restrooms and shower houses. No running water at the campsite. BUT...no worries because we had a boat and a camper.




























Good Times Good Times Good Times Good Times

Highlights:

-For some strange reason we felt that it was a great idea to bring Greta. We're so stupid!

-For most of the trip the boys were either playing their DS games or asking to play them...The benefits of an electric camp site.

-Two days in a row the water was shut off at the campground for a little while due to a water main brake. They even locked the bathrooms!!!

-By the end of the first day I was ready for civilization. We went out to dinner.

-It's amazing how cold it gets at night no matter how hot the days are.

-This last one is for Chris: We cooked hot dogs (nasty) over the campfire the first night we were there. For some odd reason all four of our hot dogs landed in the fire. I almost screamed. Or choked someone (did I just type that?) By the end of our roasting experience everyone had eaten their fill with one hot dog remaining. Chris decided it would be a wonderful idea to strategically place the hot dog in the tree to non-verbally invite a visitor to our campsite during the night. I truly think he was mocking my prior experience with uninvited guests. In the morning he found that we had, in fact, been visited and the hot dog was gone. Super.

*************************************

I'm sure there is lots more that I could complain about but I'm sure Chris has heard enough. Poor guy! Tries to do something nice for the fam but ends up enduring criticism and complaining. I am thankful he took time out of his schedule to purposefully spend time with us. It was nice to get away. I enjoyed boating and the s'mores (YUM.)

Maybe next time I'll get my beach house...

If any of you missed the previous posts about camping, please feel free to read them. I'm not sure how to hyperlink. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://thekingfam.blogspot.com/2008/09/camping-again-can-you-believe-it.html

http://thekingfam.blogspot.com/2007/08/top-10-reasons-to-take-your-family.html

1 comment:

  1. I want to know what you were doing with the Resees?? Were they going on the fire for some new aged tasty Smore?? I might have to invent my own, they sound devine!!

    ReplyDelete