Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun-Tastic

Because I teach I am bombarded almost weekly by fundraisers. Choir, baseball, band, the Junior class, mathletes (OK, I made that one up,) etc. My teacher's union also is constantly bombarding me for money to fund a scholarship or some other worthwhile cause. I am made to feel as though MY purchase will make or break the success of the fundraiser. Really? I don't get paid enough to donate so much back into the school. UH! I believe that next year (If I have a job) I will take a stand:

Zero tolerance for fundraiser participation... Just say no to fundraisers...

Do you think I am being selfish? Should I freely support anything that comes my way? I just don't think so.

OK, so back to the reason for this post. I caved last fall and bought some cookie dough from a fundraiser. Last week I decided to bust out the cookie dough (from the freezer) in an effort to be a cool mom, always providing awesome summer memories for the boys. We had a great time designing the cookies and making a mess (deep breath...let it go...clean it up later...deep breath...)






Once cooked they were edible but not my favorite. It's been about a week since we made the cookies and most of them are still on the counter in a freezer bag. Hmm. Maybe it was the experience that the boys enjoyed not the cookies themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment