Friday, August 21, 2009

Introspection

Well, today marks the last Friday night before school. We had a picnic in our backyard, the boys jumped on the trampoline, and then we roasted marshmallows. Once inside the boys read books and we enjoyed one another's company. It was an awesome way to end the summer. Tomorrow we're going to look at houses and Sunday we'll head to church.

Monday morning both Jonathan and I start school. I'll be teaching full time (high school math) and Jonathan will be attending first grade. Drew's kindergarten orientation is Monday afternoon and he will start school (full days) on Thursday. Chris starts his master's program after Labor Day.

I'm feeling extremely grateful this evening. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and incredible boys. God has continually provided for us, and I am excited to see what He has in store for us this year. Because of our schedules it might be a bit crazy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us with the imminent move, but God knows what we can handle.

Dear friends, be thankful for what you have. Don't waste your days complaining and fighting. Be slow to speak and quick to listen. Life is too short. Hug and kiss your kids one more time today, they'll be grown and gone before you know it.

***My next post will be all about back-to-school stuff. I want to take pictures of the boys' snazzy back packs and anything else I feel is picture worthy at the time.***

But for now, I just wanted to post what was on my heart.

Although I am feeling warm and fuzzy right now, I know that there is pain and suffering all around. My heart breaks for friends and loved ones whose worlds seem to be falling apart. I am praying for you. I wish I could make it all go away. I serve a big God and trust that He will carry you through. May you find peace in the One who loves you more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment