Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Last Day of Summer Vacation

Today marks the last day of summer vacation. We went to church, ate at Friendly's, came home, I went to Wal-mart, then we had Papa John's for dinner. I know what you're thinking...does the girl
EVER cook? Well...yes...just not today...

ANYWAY

I think the boys enjoyed themselves today. They partook in some trampoline action, Lego action, and other awesome adventures.

Here's the parts of our day that I captured on film:


FRIENDLY'S

What a smile!

Drew is not happy because we just told him he was not allowed to go to my parents' house.

Chris told us that if he were ever on Death Row (...OK...) he would request the meal he ate. Some sort of cheeseburger and fries. And a sundae. And a vanilla Coke.


Still pouting...


BACKPACKS

I told them to smile for real this time. Notice Drew's glasses? Check it out...he's been wearing them all day. Actually all week. Maybe longer. They are his Cyclops something something goggles. I can't remember exactly what he calls them but I'll come back and update when I ask him. Notice the color.

Chris and I decided to spend a little more on backpacks this year in hopes that they will last longer than any previous backpacks we've purchased. The boys chose their own colors and have matching lunch sacks too. Nice! Drew's color of choice was orange...his favorite color as of late. Notice the flip flops? Jonathan chose blue. I'm not sure if this is his current favorite color or if it just called to him.


BEDTIME

Andrea and I un-bunked the boys' beds a few weeks ago. The change was a direct result of Drew not sleeping well for a few nights in a row. He complained of being scared and hot. It was our hope that un-bunking the beds would kill two birds with one stone.
The boys love the new look of their bedroom, and I think they like being side by side. Drew no longer complaines about being hot but he still struggles with being scared. Poor kid! Breaks my heart.

Just a few minutes ago I had to go up and tell them to go to sleep AGAIN! Jonathan said he was trying but just couldn't. He then asked if I would sing him 'the song' that I sang to Drew a few nights ago when he was scared. Melt my heart! How could I not? After Jonathan's turn was over, Drew requested 'the song' as well. They both held me tight as I sang and had genuine smiles on their faces. I think I hope it will become a nightly routine. The song is from the movie The Sound of Music...see if you recognize it...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites,when the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad...
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

Might have to watch the movie soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment