Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

It's that time of the year again...When bunnies lay chocolate eggs and sugary treats are a plenty. Yes friends, I'm speaking of Easter.

I wonder how Easter went from celebrating the resurrection of Christ to celebrating the giant bunny's candy handouts. Hmm...

We heard in church on Sunday morning that the next time Easter is scheduled to fall on March 23rd is the year 2228 (I think that's right...it could be 2224). I thought you'd like to know that!!!

Chris and the boys and I celebrated Easter early this year. Nothing like having ham three times in less than a week...

Jonathan requested that I take the following picture the day we celebrated. It has nothing to do with Easter but I wanted to share with you how his mind works...He organized all of the Galactic Heroes (Star Wars) and stood them up. If you look close (and know what you are looking for) you can see how he separated them...



We bought each of the boys special book/toy besides their normal Easter basket this year. Jonathan received a book that contained pieces and directions on how to create a cardboard robot. Drew received a pop-up book that when opened turned into the Black Pearl from the Pirates of the Caribbean. His book also contained little cardboard men.





Easter Sunday was crazy as usual here in northeast Ohio. We went to Chris's mom's church in the morning then ate lunch with my family then headed to Chris's mom's house for dinner. We were exhausted at the end of the day but had lots of candy to show for it...

My parents hid eggs inside for the boys to find since it was too chilly outside. I think the boys had fun finding all their eggs and even more fun finding out what treats were waiting for them inside...














I would like you to compare the following two pictures...Jonathan (or should I say Michelle) has his candy piled neatly in front of him and his eggs piled neatly beside him (behind the bag). Drew (or should I say Chris) has his candy and eggs strewn all over the place.

It's fun (and scary) to see the boys taking after us...





In addition to their Easter baskets, Andrea bought the boys the Galactic Heroes version of the Millennium Falcon. Jonathan was especially pleased.



Doesn't Andrea look spiffy???




No comments:

Post a Comment