Friday, March 21, 2008

March Weather Woes

So far in March we've had an ice storm and a blizzard.

I was certain that a branch (or fifty) would fall on our house during the ice storm. It was eerie to hear the trees swaying under the weight of the ice. I guess there were 3000 people in our city without power for a while. Thankfully ours stayed on the whole time...and no trees landed in our home. Our yard was not as lucky.







After those pictures were taken more branches fell. Our yard desperately needs picked up but the darn snow just keeps falling!!! We're supposed to get five inches tonight...

The blizzard began shortly after all the ice melted. I don't think we got as much as Central Ohio but I know I shoveled my fair share of snow...I think I shoveled four times in two days. That huge coat is my Dad's. It was nice and toasty!!









Yes, I sent the boys out in spite of all the branches on the ground. I told them to stay away from branches, yellow snow and poo. The boys had an awesome time! Jonathan even built a 'cave' with mini pumpkin carving shovels.








After a long day of shoveling and playing outside Nina and Papa brought over pizza to share. Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment