Wednesday, September 17, 2008

THE WEDDING

YES...I am blogging.

For those of you who haven't heard, I was hired as a part-time teacher at a school about a half hour away. They hired me on a Thursday and I was expected to start that next Monday. I go in every day and with travel time and some planning I am gone from around 9:30 - 3:15. Doesn't sound very part-time to me!!! Needless to say things have been crazy here. Birthdays, school, life, it's all so overwhelming sometimes. I'm also still tutoring one student...

I apologize for keeping you waiting for so long. Hopefully you'll enjoy getting caught up on our life...

The Wedding

Chris's youngest sister got married on June 21st this year. We had a great time and it was awesome to see the boys looking so handsome. Chris performed the ceremony, I was a bridesmaid, and the boys were the flower boy and the ring bearer.



The boys did very well at the rehearsal. We kept them out late for the rehearsal dinner so it was anyone's guess how they would actually handle the big day...



Can you believe how handsome these boys are???? They melt my heart!



OK, that last picture was taken after Drew walked down the aisle. Notice how many rose petals are STILL in the basket? I think he only threw three.

This was taken during the massive amounts of pictures after the wedding. We were all hungry and tired but the boys were troopers! They couldn't wait to get to the reception to P-A-R-T-Y!





I think that Jonathan was busy dancing most of the reception so I was able to get a few candid shots of Drew. What a ham!

The boys danced with Aunt Megan during the dollar dance. Jonathan had no desire to be a part of such ridiculousness (in his eyes...I think he just wanted to do his own thing) but we wanted the picture. Go figure. See? Even though I am working I still think 'scrapbooking' in the back of my mind!

This is Chris's cousin's little girl. She thought I looked like a princess that night. When she said good-bye to me she waved and said, "Good-bye Princess"! What a sweetheart! I thought she would enjoy getting her picture taken with me but her face obviously says otherwise...Maybe I was a scary (ugly) princess...


At least this guy thought I looked like a princess (a pretty one). I love him so much!

There was a pretty bad storm at some point during the reception but we were pleasantly surprised by the gift left in the sky afterward...




Stay tuned my friends! There's lots more to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I was beginning to wonder what happened to the Kings. It is tough working full time (you might as well be full time) with two kids, but you are so organized that you can do it. After a few years of it, Chris and I have it down to a well cheographed dance on most days (some days aren't so pretty). Good luck with your job! Your boys are growing up fast and so adorable!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete