Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Animal Domestication

Tonight, my friends, I decided that whomever determined that the domestication of animals was a good thing should be thrown into STUPID JAIL.

(Shout out to my dad! He's not in stupid jail, he just likes to talk about it and wishes he could send people there too.)

I mean really, why would someone want to bring an ANIMAL into their home? I can think of many undesirable repercussions:
-poop
-pee
-fur
-stench
-flatulence
-begging
-snoring
-you get my point

OK so I'll tell you what happened...

Our yard gets really wet. I mean swampy. (This of course is not true if you are looking to buy my home. My yard is wonderful. It is very large for a city lot, has a beautiful 6' wooden shadow box fence, and boasts multiple mature trees. It's much like a park setting.) Anyway...

The yard was wet today.
Super wet.
Unfortunately, Greta loves running.
In the wet grass.
I mean in the muddy swamp.

After being completely covered in mud (even the insides of her ears were muddy) Greta decided it was time to come inside and pick a fight with Pug over dog food.

I was upstairs putting the boys to bed when all of this went down.

Suddenly Andrea started screaming my name. I have NEVER heard my sister scream like that. She was panicked and scared. I ran downstairs as fast as I could but I felt like I was in slow motion. She had to scream at least three or four times.

When I arrived at the scene I found Pug in Greta's mouth. I yanked on Greta's collar and picked her up but when I looked, Pug was STILL in her mouth...off the floor...dangling!!! Greta let go and I shoved her into her cage. I checked Pug but she seemed to be fine. Whew!

Pug had mud all over her from Greta so BOTH dogs had to be bathed and I had to clean Greta's cage.

Chris ended up finding three gashes on Pug's body when he got home from work.

Nice.

We both agree that Pug does not deserve this at the end of her life but what are we going to do? Greta is currently back in her cage. I'm not thinking she'll be freed anytime soon.


The Victim


The Offender

Again, I'd just like to leave you with the fact that I believe that the domestication of animals is stupid. Anybody want a dog?

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard! I warned you, I warned you, I warned you! This is what happens when you don't listen to your friends. BTW, I would love to take Greta.

    ReplyDelete