Friday, May 29, 2009

Camping-In

Chris decided to do something special for the boys since tonight marks the first night they are both officially on Summer Vacation (woo hoo.) He created a tent-type structure in the playroom so that they could 'camp-in' this evening. They were super excited!






Unfortunately, their excitement soon turned to fear when a storm crept up on us out of nowhere. Chris ended up laying with them for a while to help them feel safe during the thunderstorm. But after a while Jonathan asked him to leave. I guess Chris served his purpose...

While Chris was taking care of our children, I was able to sit on our porch and soak up the storm. I love storms! I have fond memories of sitting on the porch with my dad growing up, watching the storms roll in. I love the smells, I love the sounds, and I love the refreshing/cleansing feeling.

Unfortunately, the storm was gone as quickly as it came. I would have liked it to rain all night but Chris wants to mow tomorrow so he was glad it stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment