Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Field Day/Kindergarten Olympics

On May 22 Jonathan's school had a field day. He was so excited! He talked the whole way to school about how fast he is and how his speed compares to the other kids in his class. He was certain he could win the races...

I can remember dreading field day at school. Especially middle school field day...

(You mean you want me to run a relay? REALLY??? No, I CANNOT be the pitcher for the kickball game. Actually, to be honest, I don't even want to play kickball. It makes me feel awkward and self-conscience. I don't want to run either. I just want to sit in the sun with my friends...yes, I have some thank you very much...and talk about stuff. You know, the stuff middle school girls talk about. I did enjoy the huge parachute though, but that was never a part of MY field day. Bummer.)

Anyway...

Jonathan was excited.

Drew and Chris joined him after their BK adventures and finished the day with a billion kindergartners. Jonathan was super pumped that Chris was there and Drew loves to be one of the big kids.

I have to pause and give a shout out to my husband. For those of you that don't know him, he HATES the sun. He burns easily and gets grumpy when he has to be outside for longer than ten minutes. He basically sacrificed his personal comforts all day. Preschoolers in the morning, kindergartners in the afternoon, the sun most of the day...

Although he enjoyed spending time with our boys, Chris's call to work with teens was again confirmed last Friday.

The things you do for your kids...



So jealous!





Not so jealous!

"Because when everyone is special...No one is." Everyone received a gold metal. Nice. Check out a previous blog to see how I REALLY feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment