Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Carni-Land

Jonathan's school hosted it's annual carnival a couple of weeks ago and of course the boys begged us to go. There were games, inflatables, food, and a book fair (OK, so the last one doesn't belong but it's the truth...) Everything cost a certain number of tickets, so Chris and I decided to bite the bullet and purchase some.

My parents even came for a while to see what all the fuss was about but I don't think they were impressed because they left early.

The boys ran straight for the dinosaur/lizard inflatable. I'm not going to lie...it was pretty impressive...

Notice the boys went IN through the mouth and came OUT through the...growth of another dinosaur toward the end of the tail??? What??? What in the world???

The second time through I gave Jonathan my camera to capture the insides of the beast...




After waiting in the world's longest line (twice) we convinced the boys that it was time to eat a healthy and nutritious dinner at the concession stand (a.k.a the cafeteria.)

Jonathan ordered a sloppy joe, Drew picked pizza, and Chris ordered two coney dogs (he was in heaven.) Chris also picked up some fronions, the boys each grabbed a bag of cotton candy, and everyone chose a can of pop (soda, soft drink...whatever.) I chose to refrain from eating until we got home. Do you blame me?

The cafeteria not only housed the concession stand but raffle baskets as well. Although we did not purchase raffle tickets, Chris and I were impressed by the sheer number of donations the school received. There were baskets for everything: food, movies, zoo passes, car washes, toys, crafty things, OSU paraphernalia, cold hard cash (JK,) etc.

The most interesting (do NOT read most desired...) basket (in my opinion) consisted of a gift certificate to Ambiance, (really???? at a kindergarten carnival????) a three tiered decorative candle thing, and a $25 gift card to some restaurant (which escapes me now because I am once again stuck on the Ambiance gift certificate.) I wonder how many people had the guts to stick a ticket into that box! Jonathan's teacher confided that she would be embarrassed to go into 'that store' for fear that a parent would work there!!! Ha ha!

After our scrumptious dinner we hit the book fair, and after that we went to the bounce house. Good times and more lines...

Just so you know, I have no clue who that child is bouncing with my boys...

Using the excuse of no more tickets, Chris and I were able to drag the boys out the doors before they were able to play a game that awarded them a living fish as the prize. I hate fish. Sorry Beth. I really like looking at yours, and you've got to admit, salt water fish are quite different than feeder fish...

Chris and I came home exhausted...At least the boys had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment