Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scrimmage #1: Owlz vs. Grasshoppers

A couple of weeks ago Jonathan's team scrimmaged another team and WON! It was awesome watching him on the field. I know I'm his mother but I really think he looks like a ball player. I think he looks great in his uniform and he seems to enjoy himself. At least he's not playing with the dirt or picking the dandelions...










I included the previous picture not to showcase Jonathan's batting abilities, but to show Beth that I, too, can take a picture with a fuzzy background. No classes needed!!! OK, this was soooo just an accident but I thought it was funny that we were JUST talking about this and ta-da! (p.s. I mentioned the moo-lah issue to Chris and his only comment was..."Is it a good camera?" Maybe there is hope!!!)


Jonathan did very well until the end of the game...

On one of the last plays of the game, Jonathan and another little boy went after the ball and forgot to 'call' it. Unfortunately, the top of the Jonathan's teammate's head hit Jonathan just below his right eye. Instantaneous goose egg!!!

I kept composed and did not run screaming onto the field. I watched his coaches (closely) and let them care for Jonathan as long as they were comfortable. When one of the coaches started looking around (because he couldn't get Jonathan to calm down...) I decided to swoop in. Poor kid! He was in so much pain!

The next few days produced a nice black eye that Jonathan wore proudly for about a week. Never wanting to miss a scrapbooking moment, I snapped some pictures.




What a face!


No comments:

Post a Comment