Friday, January 02, 2009

Go Panthers!

Our close proximity to Cleveland (Ohio) does not make us Browns fans.

I remember the Browns being a disappointment even when I was growing up. I mean COME ON!!! Why couldn't Bernie just beat John Elway? Why were the Broncos the bane of the Brown's existence? UH... At least that's how I remember feeling a few years in a row.

Now when I watch football with Chris he just rolls his eyes at some of my questions. Is it just me, or does it seem like players have a new team every time you turn around? Some of my humble observations include...

1. It is unnatural to see Brett Farve without the gold in his uniform.
2. Dallas has done Terrell Owens some good.
3. How many jerseys has Jeff Garcia worn?

You must know that I do not follow football but I have a fanatical husband. He has always liked the Tar Heels (I know...It's a college basketball team) so when the NFL announced two expansion teams in the mid nineties he was extremely excited to find out that one would be called the Carolina Panthers. He has been a die-hard fan from that first Hall of Fame game (that he attended.) I would love to get him down to North Carolina to see a game but at the moment that seems impossible (another reason to play the lottery...JK.) Never the less I am on the mailing list when Panther tickets go on sale.

When I finally got the email I noticed that Carolina was playing at Pittsburgh for a pre-season game this year. Woo Hoo! I ordered two (awesome) tickets and left the confirmation page laying on the desk.

I think Chris was excited when he saw it. Actually the word that comes to mind is disbelief. He decided to take Jonathan with him. I was so happy he chose Jonathan out of anyone else (except Drew...I'll buy three tickets next time.) What an awesome father/son bonding experience! Here are the pictures they came home with...









Maybe next time I should buy FOUR tickets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment