Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Wednesday Jan. 28th

Finally, after all this crazy weather, my whole family was awarded a snow day today.

We got the call from Alliance (Jonathan and Drew) at around 5:25 a.m. Springfield (Michelle) called about ten minutes (or so) later. Nice! Chris got his call from the church around 12:30 letting him know that not only were this evening's festivities canceled, but he was not expected to come in to work this afternoon! That's a half hour before he was supposed to show up for staff meeting. Woo hoo!

We spent the first half of our snow day lounging around the house. I did a couple of loads of laundry and played around online. The boys played video games, watched a movie, and played in the playroom. Chris had to take Greta to the vet for a well check and some vaccinations then he got to come home, play around online, and play some Madden. None of us showered before 1:30! Should I have admitted that???

It's been snowing/sleeting all day. We're not (I should actually say Chris is not) looking forward to venturing out to see how much snow actually needs shoveled.

We need to go to Wal-mart and we're talking about venturing out for a late lunch. Who knows?! I think the boys will eventually play outside as well...


OK so now it's around 8:30 p.m.

Chris had to grab something in the Mazda's trunk (the car that has been out in the snowy sleet all day) and ended up having to crawl through the back seat because the trunk was frozen shut. Crazy!

The boys never got to go outside today, unless I count running from our house to my parents' house and back... My mom cooked dinner for us tonight. YUM!

Hopefully I'll get them out to play tomorrow.

I got an awesome phone call around dinner time. Springfield is closed again tomorrow!!!! Woo hoo! Now if only Alliance would call off again...

I'll keep you posted!

Meanwhile, here's a few pictures of our lazy day...



Jonathan took this picture!!






Jonathan took this one too!!




*************************************************************

Thursday Jan. 29th

Well, we never got the call from Alliance so Jonathan tearily (is that a word?) headed off to school. I promised him that Drew and I would come in and volunteer around 1:00. That seemed to make him feel better.

Drew and I hung around the house in the morning. We played video games, baked cookies, and I finally convinced Drew to play in the playroom while I showered...

Before we knew it we had to leave for school! We had a nice time and Jonathan really appreciated our presence. We learned all about geometric shapes. I took the boys to Game Stop after school to look around then we headed home.

Unfortunately, the boys never got outside. Hmm. There's always tomorrow!

Jonathan finally got his spaghetti and meatballs tonight and he said they were awesome (woo hoo!)

It's about 9:00 p.m. and my snow days are pretty much over. I think I can handle going back to school though, because tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

We're headed Marysville on Saturday (should have been Friday) to spend time with our awesome friends. That warrants another WOO HOO!!!

OK, better go. I've got to get prepared to go back to real life!!!

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Aren't snow days so much more fun when you are a teacher? I find now that I'm back at school full time that I want the snow days more than the kids. Funnny.

    ReplyDelete