Monday, January 05, 2009

The Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney With Care...

Except that we don't have a fireplace so the stockings were actually resting up against the TV on the floor. Do you think Santa found them?

Which brings me to a good tangent point. Have you ever noticed that Santa and Satan are spelled with the same letters? Coincidence?...

Sorry if I offended you...

Back to Christmas Eve...

We have a busy Christmas Eve tradition:

1. Go to Christmas Eve service.
2. Go to Chris's Aunt's house to eat.
3. Go to my parents' house to open stockings.
4. Head home to open our stockings.
5. Fall into bed exhausted.


Has Greta NOT been sitting on another dog for any picture that I have recently posted???



Drew and Andrea at my parents' house.


Jonathan and my dad at my parents' house.



This is Chris's Aunt's house. The boys were busy watching Jim Carey's 'The Grinch That Stole Christmas.'



This little cutie is Chris's cousin's dog. Her name is Ava. It reminded me of how cute Pug was as a puppy.



This is the official, 'you need to pose by the tree' picture. Poor boys wanted to open their stockings but I was thinking 'scrapbook.'





After the boys opened their stockings they headed for bed and went to sleep surprisingly easy. We've never done the Santa thing so maybe that's why they weren't anxious for the presents to come...they've been looking at the wrapped boxes all day (I wrapped presents the night before Christmas Eve.)

Which reminds me...

We've never done Santa but for some reason Drew wanted to put out cookies for Santa this year. I kind of looked at him funny when he told me we HAD TO or Santa wouldn't bring presents.

"Really? Because last time I checked I've bought your presents every year."

I think poor Drew was confused from all the conflicting stories that surround Christmas. That tells me that Chris and I aren't doing a good enough job putting the emphasis on Jesus's birth. We need to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment