Sunday, January 04, 2009

Leed's Farm

We traveled back to Columbus to visit some friends this fall. During our time with them we went to Leed's Farm in Marysville to partake in some fall festivities. The kids had a great time. I tried to connect with our Marysville friends but alas, no such luck!


The boys had fun with Taylor in the maze. Chris and I were thankful that the windstorm had blown down most of the stalks in the maze or else we would not have been able to keep track of the boys.

This was a huge trampoline type thing. The boys could have jumped on this forever! I was not happy that they had to take off their shoes and walk through the grass (and mud) to get to it. Because of the line they were limited to a very short amount of time. I think it made them miss their trampoline.






We waited FOREVER to ride on these go-carts. They looked fun but they were really hard to steer. Jonathan started off by himself but Chris had to rescue him.


The rolling tubes were fun, especially when the boys were able to make Chris roll all over the place.


Don't I have a picture of Jonathan when he was a young toddler feeding goats? If I remember correctly I was super pregnant with Drew, it was really hot, I was feeling miserable, and our move was inevitable. On the other hand I was with my friends, thankful for one of the last times to be together. It's amazing how quickly things change.



Who knew milking a cow could be so fun!


We detoured into Marysville after Leed's Farm. I desperately wanted to see Beth so I convinced Chris to buy her a coffee. It was good to see them but the poor kids were disappointed that we didn't stay longer. Next time!!!

After our detour we headed back to the Mabry's house to visit. I always love reconnecting with them and don't think I'll ever grow too old to not want to spend time with my mentors. It's fun to see their kids growing (yet hard to resist the urge to say, 'I remember when I used to change your diaper.') It's also fun to see our children interacting.

I had my first experience with a Wii at their house. I even created some Miis. If we didn't have every other game system in the world (I'm exagerating) I would love to get a Wii.

I went up to check on the boys after they were asleep and here's what I found. Aren't they awesome? I have a feeling Drew was probably scared so Jonathan held his hand.

Breakfast with the Mabry Family. According to my boys, there's nothing quite like spending time with either the Mabrys or the Hellers.

Thanks for your hospitality, Mabry Family! I hope to come visit you again soon...

After the Mabry's house we traveled to Westerville to meet up with our friends the Biddle Family. We ate at a scrumptious restaurant called Pasquales. YUM!! It's a small mom and pop shop downtown. I highly recommend their pizza and homemade baked goods.

With full bellies we headed home. What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment