Monday, January 05, 2009

School Projects

I am faced with a dilemma: What do I do with all the stuff the boys bring home from school? I bet I pitch about 90% of it yet I still feel over-run. Augh!

Even though I am frustrated by the number of trees killed each day to accommodate (enable, enrich) my children's education I thought I would share some of their recent projects with you.

This is Drew's feather from preschool. Each student was asked to decorate the feather any way he or she wanted, as long as their family helped them. The students were then supposed to bring them back to school to put on a giant turkey. Drew chose to glue on some tri-colored pasta. By the way, this pasta is awesome in pasta salad...

This picture is what Jonathan brought home right before Thanksgiving break. He said it was his Thanksgiving place setting. Creative...but...not high on the 'easy to store' list.

As I have stated before Drew is treated like a member of Jonathan's class when he 'volunteers' with one of us. Yes, we get a folder full of paper from him too...

Here, he has made a huge picture depicting the scenes of the story 'The Gingerbread Man.' Jonathan's is below. I believe that Drew wrote his own name and I know Jonathan wrote everything you see on his. I am so proud of both of them!




1 comment:

  1. I don't keep any of that junk either. In fact my kids are shocked when I go through their backpacks right next to the round recycle bin!! "you're not going to keep that??" Heck no!! Mville has gotten better at their paper usage, Cole just gets a quarter sheet for his timed tests and they do front and back for calendars and such, but still... a little excessive!!

    ReplyDelete