Saturday, January 03, 2009

Hurricane Ike's Wrath

Can you believe Ohio was hit so hard? I was scared that branches from our massive trees were going to fall through our roof. From the pictures you're about to see you'll realize I wasn't that far off.

We were without power for around three days. My parents were kind enough to let us plug into their generator to keep our refrigerator and deep freezer running. They also let two of their neighbors plug in. I have decided that I would like a generator. What a handy thing to have around!

My school was called off one day but the boys still had to go. I was able to volunteer in Jonathan's class and spend some time at home doing nothing. Obviously I could have been doing lots of stuff (laundry, housework, blogging, scrapbooking) but I chose nothing. It was nice.


This is all the farther Drew would 'climb' the branch.

Jonathan was a bit more daring.


This could have fallen on our house!

We called for a repair estimate but the man was so busy he never followed through! I think we're going to repair the fence by ourselves next Spring.




Chris took all these pictures for our insurance agent. I really like the lighting! Who knew I was living with a photographer!!

Although it took a long time to clean up the mess I am still thankful for our backyard and all of the trees. I'm also thankful that our home was spared any damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment